Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Update to the "I'm Outta Here" board


If you've read the update to my "I'm Outta Here" board that I made yesterday (you can read the original post and the update added here), you know that I messed up that board with Gorilla Glue.  Here's a sample of the mess:
It was everywhere.  I was so mad.  I let it sit there for several days before I decided to do anything about it, because I knew it would not be an easy fix.  Today, I finally decided to tackle it.  After trying to cut away most of the seeped out glue with scissors and a knife, I was left with chipped paint and remnants of glue.  I didn't know what to do.  I decided to try to make borders around the frames that got messed up with ribbon, but wouldn't work well and would require a lot more gluing.  So I went with duct tape.  I had searched and searched for polka dot duct tape everywhere locally and couldn't find any.  I was frustrated by that because there are some projects I wanted to use it on.  But Saturday I scored at a Walmart about 30 minutes away.  I bought 4 rolls.  Then my husband told me today that he saw some at our local Walmart today. *sigh*  Of course.  It would happen that way.  Anyway....

After a while of dealing with it, this is what I came up with.  I added some polka dots to it, too, because I thought it was just too plain before.  So here's the finished product (minus the arrow to be added once I get it to school) :


So, what do you think of it now?

9 comments:

  1. I love the polka dots! How big is the finished board?
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is approx. 4x3 ft. This sucker is BIG!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great! I think I like it even more! The polka dots add some spunk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! Glad I found ya! I found your "no name ' idea on pinterest & am totally using it!! I love your "outta here" idea as well! I'm going to have to think of a way to adopt the idea for my classroom! I teach 7th grade & it'd be nice to have a log of the kids who most often leave!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess! I'd love to see what you come up with!

      Delete
  5. Super cute Outta here board! I awarded you an award @ Hip, Hop Hurray! Tales of the Reading Rascals. Stop by and check it out.

    Rie
    Hip, Hop Hurray! Tales of the Reading Rascals

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thank you, Rie! I really appreciate that! I'll hop over and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Jenny! It looks fantastic! The polka dots add a lot of color.

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete